A mobile operating system for smartphones and mobile devices that serves as the successor to Microsoft’s initial mobile OS platform system.
Windows Phone (WP) is a family of mobile operating systems developed by Microsoft for smartphones as the replacement successor to Windows Mobile and Zune. Windows Phone features a new user interface derived from Metro design language. Unlike Windows Mobile, it is primarily aimed at the consumer market rather than the enterprise market. It was first launched in October 2010 with Windows Phone 7.
The Windows Phone app for Windows desktop makes it easy to:
• Sync music, photos, films, TV programmes and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
• Automatically import pictures and videos you’ve taken with your phone to your PC.
• See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
• Get your playlists on your phone.
• Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.